Submission Form for Cable Bulletin Board
The bulletin board on Channels 8 and 99 is a mechanism for the airing of public announcements or messages that are non-commercial and deemed to be informational to Sterling/Lancaster residents. These messages include:
- The announcement of events or services sponsored or conducted by governmental, educational or non-profit community groups or organizations.
- Organizations from neighboring communities may be placed on the bulletin board if programming and editing time permit.
- Announcements may be transmitted electronically for approval by SLCT to Access@slctv.us. Written forms are available from the SLCT office.
- All requests must be received at least two weeks prior to the requested air start date. Acceptance is solely at the discretion of SLCT.
- All messages should include the name of the event (ex. – a spring bazaar and luncheon) or service (ex.-flu shots), the name of the sponsoring organization, date, time, location, costs and contact person, phone number and website
- All notices must be approved by SLCT or its designee.
- SLCT reserves the right to edit any such message.
- Personal ads will not be accepted.
- Ads for political campaigns will not be accepted.
- Announcements may not contain references to:
- Lotteries or bingo games; or
- Alcoholic beverages or cash or open bars.
- Meetings of non-profit, non-governmental groups may be announced; however announcements of internal organization meetings (ex.- a finance committee of XYZ Club) will not be carried.
- The design of the screen including the colors, character fonts, style and layout of the announcement will be decided by SLCT.
- SLCT has the right to reject any message deemed not to be in conformance with these policies and procedures or the mission of SLCT.