|Volunteers needed to record SLCT productions as well as production ideas of your own. See Membership page.|
Journeys is a show about local entrepreneurs who have excelled in their craft. This show explores how they came to do the things they love and what motivates them to continue.
View first episode on YouTube.
|Below are recently released videos that you can view on You Tube. When they are no longer “recent” you may still access them from the Show Links page. Also check the local Channel 8 listings to watch them on your local cable station.|
SLCT will be recording both town meetings in May 2017. The recordings will be available on townhallstreams.com after the meeting. Watch this space for details when available.
- Lancaster: May 1, 2017
- Sterling: May 1, 2017
Since moving to its new office and studio space at 27 Main Street in Sterling, MA, Sterling-Lancaster Community Television has updated contact information.
- Sterling Office/Studio: 978-733-1139 and 978-563-1912
- Sterling Broadcast Facility: 978-563-1073
- Lancaster Broadcast Facility: 978-706-7973
- General queries and requests: Access@slctv.us
- Chris Detsikas, Executive Director: Chris@slctv.us
- Matt Downing, Production & Outreach Manager: Matt@slctv.us
Contact form: http://slctv.us/?page_id=74
Postal mail: Sterling-Lancaster Community Television, 1 Park Street, Room 210, Sterling MA 01564
Some of you may experience problems playing select board meetings on Town Hall Streams. The main issue seems to be a compatibility problem with some browsers and the version of Adobe Flash that they use. It usually occurs for Windows users and on phones other than iPhones. Currently Windows users are seeing the following message while viewing programs on Town Hall Streams:
“Attention Viewers: We are experiencing some issues with the Chrome browser on Windows. Until this is resolved, please use another.”
The solution to the issue is to upgrade your Adobe Flash player to the latest version. You can do this by clicking on the Adobe Flash upgrade link and follow the instructions. (You might want to uncheck the Optional Offers.)
Wachusett Now is a combined production of Sterling-Lancaster Community Television and Holden Community Television production units. The purpose of the productions is to highlight for residents of the five Wachusett Regional School District towns the day-to-day programs and student activities, place a focus on the facilities themselves, and give the superintendent an opportunity to inform residents of what is regularly going on in the district schools.
The Holden and Sterling-Lancaster community television crews will focus their efforts on featuring each of the district schools in turn. Superintendent Dr. Darryll McCall was enthusiastic when asked for his help in the project.
See the article in The Landmark for additional details.
Sterling-Lancaster Community Television is publishing on YouTube. Come see some of the past shows produced by the SLCT staff and volunteers. You can view the list of shows or search for them at YouTube’s Sterling-Lancaster Community Television channel.
You can play previously broadcasted show that have been uploaded to YouTube. See the Show Links page for a list of links to past shows.
- There are DVDs of the Lancaster Board of Selectmen meetings available for checkout at the Lancaster Thayer Memorial Library.
- DVDs of the Lancaster or Sterling Board of Selectmen’s meetings are also available for purchase directly from SLCT at $5 each.
This is the website for Sterling-Lancaster Community Television (SLCT), supporting the towns of Lancaster and Sterling, Massachusetts.
The website provides information about the local community television channels 8 and 99:
- Process for submitting online requests to SLCT to display your organization’s announcements on the TV bulletin board
- Links to previously recorded government meetings
- Links to select SLCT productions
- Schedules for the week
- Short biographies of the Board of Directors members
- Production photos showing some behind-the-scenes activity